Scientific Plant Service is the company Baltimore property owners can count on for comprehensive lawn care services. Since 1957, we have provided dependable and professional services to our community. In addition to our lawn care services, including pest and wildlife management, deer repellent, aquatic care, aeration and seeding, weed control, tree and shrub care, and athletic field maintenance, we offer a Weed and Feed program. Our Baltimore grass Weed and Feed program is a three-step solution that provides your lawn with both fertilizer and weed control within one application. Our certified and licensed lawn care providers are prepared to provide the high-quality treatments your grass needs to thrive. Contact Scientific Plant Service today to learn more about our custom Weed and Feed program.
Why Is a Weed and Feed Program Recommended?
Why should homeowners schedule an application of our Weed and Feed program? Every property requires a steady diet of essential nutrients and weed prevention measures to maintain its health throughout the year. When you apply both fertilizer and a pre-emergent herbicide, you benefit from these primary advantages:
- The program adds the necessary nutrients to promote healthy growth
- It improves your lawn’s ability to absorb water and food
- A healthy lawn discourages weed propagation over time
By using our Baltimore grass Weed and Feed program, you provide your lawn with the nutrients it needs. Those nutrients keep the lawn robust and healthy, preventing the invasion of harmful weeds and lawn disease onto your property.
The Three Steps of Our Weed and Feed Program
Scientific Plant Service’s Baltimore grass weed and feed program includes just three straightforward steps that provide you with a healthy and beautiful lawn. What are the three steps?
- First, we apply POLYON fertilizer, which slowly releases nitrogen so your grass can utilize it into late summer. A pre-emergent weed control is incorporated into this fertilizer to prevent the germination of common weeds like Crabgrass and Goosegrass.
- In late spring, broadleaf weed activity hits its peak. At that time, we return to apply more weed controls. We utilize IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and only treat places in which the weeds are active. If broadleaf weeds reoccur, you may notify our office for additional weed treatments throughout the summer.
- When the stress of summer approaches its end, we examine your lawn for weeds and apply POLYON fertilizer once again to provide your grass nutrients for fall. This application also gives your grass a jump start for next spring, helping you maintain a green lawn year-round.
Our Weed and Feed program comes with a weed control guarantee of crabgrass and broadleaf weeds for the entire season. Call our office whenever you spot broadleaf weeds or a hint of crabgrass in your yard, and we will treat the trouble spot.