Since 1957, Scientific Plant Service has provided our Baltimore community with excellent and professional tree and shrub care services. Since the beginning, we have found ways to evolve with our industry by offering an array of tree and shrub care services, including deep root tree fertilization, ornamental shrub care, preventative disease treatments, and sprayless treatments. Scientific Plant Service employees are licensed to provide excellent landscape services and belong to several regional associations. If you are interested in dedicated Baltimore tree and shrub care, Scientific Plant Service is just a phone call away.
Long-Lasting Care with Deep Root Tree Fertilization
Deep root tree fertilization is vital to Baltimore tree and shrub care. This tree fertilization application is appropriate for healthy trees as well as defoliated, weak trees. This is because fertilization is essential preventative care, as a healthy tree can fight off disease and insect attacks and endure periods of drought or heavy rain. The best time for deep-root tree fertilization is in the fall. We apply our custom blend, which includes:
- 12-24-24 fertilizer containing slow release Nitrogen from Nutralene and Humates
- Flowable Sulfur neutralizes soil conditions and helps move nutrients
- Chelated Iron with Manganese and Nitrogen
- Natural Mycorrhizae to enhance root growth development and function
Schedule bi-annual treatments to keep your trees healthy and save money on disease or pest treatments.
Improve Your Landscape with Scientific Plant Service’s Ornamental Shrub Program
Baltimore tree and shrub care at Scientific Plant Service focuses on maintaining the beauty and health of your landscape. Ornamental shrubs can do a lot to enhance the curb appeal of your property, and so these plants must be carefully maintained. To preserve the health and beauty of your shrubs, we offer the following services:
- Preventative Insecticide Drench: Our technicians apply insecticides to the trunks and base of plants to control certain insects for the season.
- Shrub Bed Fertilization: A slow-release granular fertilizer is added to bedded plants and ground cover in spring. We may also apply pre-emergent herbicides.
- Horticultural Oil: We apply a Dormant Oil spray to smother overwintering insects and egg masses to reduce insects during the growing season.
- IPM Inspections & Sprays: Pest Management inspections are scheduled in spring and summer to coincide with insect activity.
- Winter Protection: We apply a synthetic polymer to coat the leaves of plants susceptible to drying out in winter.