Are you searching for a reliable, high-quality lawn care service in Columbia, MD? Scientific Plant Service is here to provide you with the comprehensive care you desire. Our experienced team has helped maintain the health of landscapes large and small across Maryland since 1957. When Frank J. Burke established our company, the business focused on the care of shade trees and shrubs. Since then, however, we have grown with our industry to provide the services our customers expect. These lawn care services include fertilizer and pesticide applications, athletic field maintenance, aquatics, snow removal, and plant care. We belong to several Maryland lawn care associations and carry licenses and certifications that demonstrate our extensive knowledge base. If you are ready to start benefiting from our comprehensive lawn care service in Columbia, reach out to Scientific Plant Service today.
Nourish Your Landscape with the Weed and Feed System
The key component of our lawn care service in Columbia is our three-step weed and feed program. This system gives your lawn the nutrition it needs while preventing weed growth.
- Step One: We apply a treatment of POLYON fertilizer at the start of spring to initiate a slow release of nitrogen through summer. This treatment also contains an herbicide that prevents the germination of Crabgrass and Goosegrass.
- Step Two: We return to apply more herbicides when necessary. This visit occurs during late spring, which is the peak season for broadleaf weed growth.
- Step Three: We inspect your yard at the end of summer to determine whether it can benefit from extra treatment. Our team applies POLYON again in the fall to help your lawn stay healthy through the seasons to next spring.
The Benefits of POLYON Fertilizer
Our mission at Scientific Plant Service is to provide every customer with the best products available. One of our preferred products is POLYON fertilizer. Why do we prefer this treatment above others? There are a few significant benefits that come with this modern fertilizer:
- POLYON allows us to apply 30 to 50% fewer nutrients than traditional fertilizers while producing the same great results. This helps your lawn remain healthy while reducing nutrient runoff.
- With this treatment, your lawn receives all the nutrients it needs without risking excess runoff into your local environment. It’s much more efficient because all nutrients are absorbed by your lawn.
- We only need to apply two yearly granular treatments to produce the best results.
After using many fertilizers over time, we have found POLYON to be the most efficient and effective for our lawn care services.